Click HERE to join me on Facebook for the latest updates on new recipes!
If you like expensive gourmet popcorn...THIS IS IT! This is an old favorite treat of mine & the recipe is in my family's cookbook that we compiled many years ago. Our family cookbook is one of my special little treasures. It has recipes from my mom, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins & grandma. I have to say that I think my family rocks in the cooking department. There are other recipes from our family cookbook mentioned HERE, HERE, HERE & HERE.
Gourmet White Chocolate Popcorn
2 bags of microwave popcorn, popped (light butter flavored)
2 cups party peanuts
2 cups pretzels, small twists or mini sticks
2 cups m&m's
1 lb. white chocolate or vanilla candy coating like CANDIQUIK
*I colored my vanilla CANDIQUIK pink by melting about 6 little disks of THIS red candy coating with it. Or you could just use white Candiquik or any colored candy coating. DO NOT use water-based food coloring with candy coating. Candy coating may be colored or flavored using oil-based or powdered colorings or flavorings.
1. Combine popcorn, peanuts, pretzels and m&m's in a large bowl. Stir to mix well.
2. Melt candy coating according to package directions. I always melt it in the microwave. Color candy coating, if desired.
3. Pour over popcorn mixture in large bowl and stir until all is coated.
4. Spread on wax paper or cookie sheets. Immediately sprinkle with sprinkles, if desired, before it sets up.
5. I had a tiny bit (less than a tablespoon of each color) of extra candy coating from making these pretzels so I drizzled it over the popcorn.